Monday, February 14, 2005

Grammy Recap + Stripping Music = Random Post

Grammy Recap, Brief

  • Kanye West had a Come to Jesus with the whole US of A! His was the best stage show I'd seen in a long time--until homey busted out with the angel wings. There was where he lost me. Still, Mavis Staples killed it. John Legend, on the other hand, had no business being up there with her OR the Blind Boys of Alabama. He's a decent singer, but compared with those other talents, his voice sounded tinny and thin.
  • Maroon 5: They're the new Matchbox 20, right? Or the new Eve 6? Sum 41? Blink-182? 3 Doors Down? 311? UB40? Yo, U2 is the only band with a number in its name to ever be successful. Remember that.
  • Alicia Keys cold rocks the party. She looked hot as hell and sounded fantastic.
  • Don't you feel like every time you've seen Gwen Stefani lately, she's trying to sell you something? Either blantantly or subliminally? Like, recently, I've seen/heard her pimping her clothing line, her album, tourism to Harajuku, and that Tom Petty video for "Don't Come Around Here No More." I'm confused. What is the message here??? Whatever it is, it's working: Next month, Fibonacci and I are going to Tokyo AND I've been listening to a LOT of Tom Petty. OMG!

Stripping Music
Someone once told me that the best stripper he'd ever seen stripped to the Melvins's "Hooch." I was all, "Huh. Is that right?" I mean, she gets snaps for originality, no? My experience with strippers and stripping is limited (read: none), but from what TV and Movies tell me, the ladies mostly strip to Southern rock or R.Kelly. Boring! I couldn't help but wonder: If I were a stripper, what would I want to strip to? I decided anything by Prince was automatically excluded from the list because, well, it's Prince; every song is a contender. And so:

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home