Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wednesday Meme: Now, Today, Tomorrow & Always

Tomorrow I will:
Listen to whatever is in my Walkman.

Today I:
Listened to De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising.

Yesterday I:
Listened to DJ Crush and Coldcut's Cold Krush Cuts/Back in the Base and Hip Hop Don't Stop.

Last Week I:
Listened to Unrest's Isabel Bishop EP and Imperial f.f.r.r. like, every single day.

Last Month I:
Went back and forth between Jay-Z's The Blueprint, Acetone's If You Only Knew, Sarah McLachlan's Mirrorball, and Hotel Costes Etage 3.

Last Year I:
Burned myself out on Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, Arcade Fire, and an endless stream of "The" bands (Killers, Thrills, Stills, Shins, Ravonettes, Strokes, Vines, Hives, etc.).

Five Years Ago I:
Was really, really into Badly Drawn Boy, The Beta Band, Super Furry Animals, Outkast, Goodie Mob, and Nick Drake.

10 Years Ago I:
Couldn't get enough of the Bristol scene (Portishead, Tricky, Massive Attack [and all Wild Bunch recordings], Monk & Canatella) and downtempo in general (DJ Shadow, DJ Krush, DJ Food, Funky Porcini, anything on Ninja Tune or London FFRR, Peanut Butter Wolf, Mr. Scruff, Lamb, Hooverphonic, Archive, etc.).

20 Years Ago I:
Was nine, so I think I can be forgiven for owning Def Leppard, Thompson Twins, and the Mary Jane Girls. But that was also the year my friend Jennie's sister played the Ramones Rocket to Russia for me and loaned me her copy of And I Don't Want to Live This Life. Things were not quite the same after that...

And you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home