Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Soundtrack of Our Lives: Keren Ann, I'm Not Going Anywhere

Top Two Reasons the Universe Wants Me to Leave Chicago Immediately, Now, Today:

Un) Friday--Got in a car wreck.
We were trying to get out of the way of an ambulance. In the middle of making a left turn a car comes speeding down Broadway and crashes into the passenger (my) side. The car is not taco-ed, but barely drivable. I am not taco-ed, but back and neck are stiff.

Deux) Sunday--Got pickpocketed.
We ate at our favorite Thai joint. At the end of the meal, I take my wallet out of my bag to pay and there is no cash in there. I do not lose cash. I do not lose any.thing.ever. I look all over the place to see if maybe this is a first. I happen to notice a piece of paper under the table behind us and recognize it as something from my purse. Then I remember: Shortly after we sat down, a woman and a kid--nine, 10, 12, maybe--sat right behind us and were kind of all up in our grill, but we didn't really pay too much attention at first. When I turned around to see why all the banging, the kid was sort of coming up from under the table. I just thought he was a weirdo. In reality, he was a master thief. Didn't take my wallet, cards, phone--just my cash money.

Have been listening to Keren Ann's I'm Not Going Anywhere every day since Friday to calm my nerves. I am really stressed. I can't even link to the goddamn album because I'm typing this on a Mac and I don't know how to open another browser window.

Le fin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home